Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is an easy-to-use Mac tool to backup files from Blu-ray discs and standard DVDs to MKV container format with lossless quality, preserving all audio tracks, subtitles tracks, chapter information and original videos. More than lossless output, Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is possible to decrypt Blu-ray and DVD to MP4/MOV/AVI with multiple subtitle/audio tracks. It can convert Blu-ray encoded with VC-1 and H.264 video to H.265/M3U8/WMV/3GP for iPhone, iPad, PS4, Xbox One, etc. It can turn a Dolby Digital TrueHD Audio/DTS-HD Master Audio into a DTS/AAC/AC3 audio, etc.
- Backup Blu-ray and DVD movies to MKV on Mac without quality loss.
- Convert/rip/shrink/copy the latest releases of Blu-ray movies.
- Produce a decent 1080p MKV file in the original 16:9 ratio from BD movie.
- Fantastic control of all audio tracks, subtitles streams (on/off), and chapters.
- Make MKV for playback with WD TV, Popcorn Hour C-200, XBMC , VLC player, etc.
Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow
Mac ByteCopy + iMedia Converter $107$80ByteCopy + iMedia ConverterThis bundle includes iMedia Converter for Mac to convert Blu-ray movies, DVDs, and different HD and SD video files.
Mac ByteCopy + Mac BD Ripper$91$68Mac ByteCopy + Mac BD RipperThis bundle comes with an additional Mac Blu-ray Ripper to rip BD/DVD to any HD and SD format for your different uses.
Load DVD/BD from disc, folder and IFO/ISO image file
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac allows users loading BDs directly from Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray Folder, and importing DVDs directly from DVD disc, DVD Folder, DVD IFO File, and DVD ISO Image File.
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac can directly package Blu-ray and DVD movie into an MKV container without any quality loss. It allows full preservation of all audio tracks (like DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD Audio, etc.), subs streams, chapter markers, and videos.
Preserve multiple audio tracks and subtitles streams
When backing up Blu-ray/DVD to MKV container format on Mac, you are free to select all of your needed tracks and subs to be preserved in the output MKV file.
Remove unwanted audio tracks and subtitles streams
Pavtube Mac ByteCopy enables users to removing unwanted audio tracks and subs streams before conversion. In that way, users are able to only keep the ones they wanted at will.
Output vivid 3D video
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac can rip 3D Blu-ray to 3D SBS MP4, 3D SBS MKV, 3D SBS AVI, 3D SBS WMV, 3D SBS MOV for Gear VR, Oculus Rift DK2/CV1, HTC Vive, 3D LG TV, etc.
Keep the original chapter markers in a converted movie title
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac enables users to preserve the original chapter structure of source movie when ripping Blu-ray/DVD to MKV on Mac, so you may select your wanted chapters to play with your media players at will.
Select subtitles/audio tracks for more than one file at a time
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac makes it possible for you to select subtitles/audio tracks for more than one file (title) at a time.
Encode audio tracks with certain codecs
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac enables users to encode the source soundtracks in Blu-ray/DVD movies to your desired audio types, including DTS 5.1 channels, AC3 5.1 channels, AAC 6 channels, and more.
Output MKV files for HD Media Players and Mac players
The output MKV files are compatible with almost all popular HD media players and Mac players, including WD TV HD Media Player, Popcorn Hour A-500, Popcorn Hour A-400, Lacie HD Classic Player, Seagate Theatre Plus, QuickTime, Netgear Neo TV 550, XBMC, VLC media player and more. And the audio tracks, subtitles streams, and chapters preserved in the MKV container are available to select at will when playing the MKV back.
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac allows users selecting preferred languages as usually-used audio tracks and subtitles, e.g. English, Spanish, French, Deutsch, Portugues, Norsk, Japanese, Chinese, etc., so that users needn't make the same selections each time when using the program.
Inlaid Preview Window
A preview window is inlaid for you to view the source video (image only, audios and subtitles are not available when previewing).
Shut down computer after conversion automatically
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac keeps you free from waiting around by ticking off the checkbox "Shut down computer after conversion" when processing Blu-ray/DVD to MKV backup.
- 1G Hz or above Intel processor.
- Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9), OS X Yosemite (10.10)
- 1GB physical RAM (memory) or above.
- 1024*768 or higher resolution display.
- Optical Drive: DVD drive(BD drive is required for ripping Blu-ray disc)
Blu-ray Discs, Blu-ray Folder,
DVDs, DVD Folder, DVD IFO File,DVD ISO Image File
2. Other BD ISO image files (not UDF 2.5) can only be loaded via a virtual BD drive.
with multi-audio tracks/subs streams/chapter markers
with multi-audio track
Apple Prores MOV with multi audio tracks for Final Cut Pro (X)
Output Devices Supported
Apple devices: Apple TV 3, iPad Air, iPad 4, New iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone5/4S/4/3, iPod Touch 5, etc.
Windows devices: Microsoft Surface 2, Surface Pro 2, Surface RT/Pro, HTC Windows Phone 8X,
Game consoles and media players: PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Wii, WD TV Media player, Seagate Media Player
Others: BlackBerry, Nokia, VTech InnoTab tablets, Kurio, Coby, Kobo, Alcatel, PSP, Archos, Creative Zen, iRiver, etc.
Output Programs Supported
Video Editing Tool
FCP X, FCP 6/7, iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Kdenlive, Apple Aperture 3, DaVinci Resolve, iPhoto, etc.
iDVD, Roxio Toast, Disco, Burn, DVD Studio Pro, Encode, Imgburn, Nero Lite, etc.
YouTube, NAS, Networked Devices, MSN, Myspace, Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Dailymotion, FOX, NBA, Youku, NAS, PowerPoint Rresentation, PDF, HTPC, Home Theater, A/V receiver, LCD Projector, Keynote, etc.
Output File Types
H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MKV, MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, FLV, SWF, F4V, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, VOB, TS, DV, MPEG-2 HD Video (*.mpg), MPEG- TS Video(*.ts), Quick Time HD Video (*.mov), WMV HD Video (*.wmv), Audio-Video Interleaved HD Video (*.avi)
Note: Blu-ray Ripper does not support ISO output.
MP3, AAC, FLAC, MKA (MKA(Matroska) Audio), OGG (Ogg Vorbis Audio), WAV(Nokia WAV Audio), M4A, DTS (remux),MP2, AIFF, AMR, SUN AU Format
Works really fine
I already had installed ByteCopy for Mac. By the way, it works really fine. May 26, 2011
Fast and perfect
The use is intuitive and simple. The encoding to .mkv happens fast and the result is perfect. April 27, 2011
I need to mention here that the BluRay video quality of the ByteCopy mkv file is outstanding, congratulations! April 20, 2011
Subtitles, chapters, and audio track control is fantastic
I love the features in Bytecopy though; the subtitles, chapters, and audio track control is fantastic. April 20, 2011
Keep more than one audio track
Pavtube bytecopy mac is possible to keep more than one audio track when doing an MKV file, this is actually the purpose of MKV, having the opportunity to have various audio and subtitles. It satisfied me a lot. Many thanks. April 19, 2011
Turn a DTS-MSTR HD track into a common DTS track
The Bytecopy for mac program enables me to turn a DTS-MSTR HD track into a common DTS track, when extracting a blu-ray to MKV format. It is what I want. More than that, it is able to encode the movies using original chapters structure from the DVD/Blu-ray media. April 18, 2011
Keeps HD audio
I LIKE the program. It keeps HD audio while making mkv files, like DTS HD and Dolby truehd. April 16, 2011
A: a. The "Lossless" output format can be used 7 times only. b. When transcoding Blu-ray
contents with "HD Player" or customized format, watermark will be put on the
screen of generated videos..
Can you recommend me an external blu-ray drive for Mac or Windows?
A: Yes. We would like to recommend you several Mac or Windows compatible
external blu-ray drives available from Amazon.
For Mac external blu-ray drive recommendation please see here.
For Windows external blu-ray drive recommendation please see here.
Q: Can I get TrueHD 7.1 and DTS-MA 7.1 channels?
A: It depends on your source. When there are TrueHD and DTS-MA audio tracks in original Blu-ray files, you can keep them by choosing "Lossless" output format for conversion.Q: How do I down convert TrueHD and DTS-MA to Dolby Digital (AC-3) 5.1 and DTS 5.1 audio?
A: Select a Title and click the "Edit Title", check the "Encode" box. Then set audio codec to AC3 or DTS, and audio channels to 6. In this way higher quality audio track will be converted to AC3 or DTS 5.1 audio.Q: I don't like to select audio track and subtitles for each BD/DVD. Can I set it once and for all?
A: Yes. You can set audio and subtitle languages that you always like to keep in Preference screen. Follow "Tools" menu-> "Preference"-> "Audio"/ "Subtitle" tab to set desired languages, and the software will remember you settings.Q: Does the software preserve chapters' information?
A: Yes. Each title and chapter is preserved in the way they are created into Blu-ray Disc/DVD.Q: Does Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac support CUDA?
Not yet.Q: Where can I find additional help?
For all other concerns or specific questions not addressed in this FAQ, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get Free and Best DVD Audio Extractor for Mac (macOS Sierra)
- MacX DVD Ripper Pro Alternative for Mac OS X
- [How-To] Convert 3D Blu-ray to 3D MKV on macOS Sierra
- How to Stream ISO Images to Apple TV 4 on Mac?
- How to Play DVD with Apple TV 4?
- You can Edit ISO image with FCP X
- Rip Blu-ray to Multi-track AVI on Mac (macOS Sierra)
- [Official] Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac Review - Rip 3D, HD BD/DVD
- Install Handbrake 1.0.0 Libdvdcss to Rip DVD on macOS Sierra
- Top 5 Paid/Free OGMRip Alternatives for Mac (macOS Sierra/El Capitan)
- How to convert your DVD to MP4 on Mac?
- Convert/import Blu-ray to Final Cut Pro, Blu-ray to ProRes 422
- Lossless Blu-ray to MKV backup on Mac
- Rip Amazon/Rent DVDs for Playback on iMac 5k
- How to rip a DVD to Windows PC, USB or Mac? Easy Guide!
- Best Solution to Copy DVD to Hard Drive in lossless MKV on macOS Sierra
- How to Copy Blu-ray on macOS Sierra?
- Top 10 Alternatives to RipIt for macOS Sierra
- Mac Blu-ray Conversion-keep multiple audios and subtitles
220.127.116.11Oct 12, 2015
1.Support for Mac OS X El Capitan
2.Fix some bugs
1.7.3Apr 23, 2012
- Applied updated DTS decoder.
- Now supports loading folder and ISO files by drag-and-drop operation.
1.6.3Jan 15, 2012
- Optimized the process of disc ejecting.
- Fixed some bugs.
1.6.2Dec 22, 2011
- Added support to movies in Chinese file name.
- Fixed some bugs.
v1.6.1Nov 22, 2011
- Added AVI AC3 5.1 format for PS3 streaming.
- Added 16:9, 4:3 and 16:10 aspect ratio options to Crop feature.
- Fixed some bugs.
v1.6Oct 30, 2011
- Added batch conversion facility.
- Fixed some bugs.
v1.5.0Sep 16, 2011
- Added “Export HD Player” output option.
- Updated to support preserving forced subtitles in the output files.
- Added the simplified Chinese as optional language for user interface.
- Fixed some bugs.
v1.4Jun 20, 2011
- Added support to latest Blu-ray.
- Updated to load Blu-ray ISO image (UDF 2.5 only) directly without assisting of virtual BD drive.
v1.3May 17, 2011
- Accelerated processing speed on Mac OS 10.6.7.
v1.3May 05, 2011
- Fixed some bugs.