- Convert MKV files for playback on iPad, Xoom, Galaxy Tab, TouchPad, etc.
- Select wanted subs/audio/video track to be kept in the output files.
- Select certain chapters in a source MKV file to convert at will.
- Trim certain clips to convert without having to convert the entire file.
- Support NVIDIA CUDA and ATI Stream (AMD APP) acceleration technologies.
- Support VFW codec encoding and 5.1 channel output.
Supported OS: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- More than converting MKV files, the Video Converter can transcode MTS, MXF, TiVo, MOV, TS, VOB, AVI, and WMV files.Video Converter Ultimate is able to convert non-protected Blu-ray, DVD and other video files to your required formats.
OverviewIf you have files like *.mkv or *.mka and want to edit and playback them on your gadgets like Apple TV, iPad, iPod, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, PS3, Xbox, WD TV player, PSP, BlackBerry, Creative Zen, iriver, Zune, etc., you may need Pavtube MKV Converter. This program allows you to edit and convert Matroska files MKV to other formats including MP4, VOB, 3GP, AVI, MPG, MPEG-4, FLV, MOV, 3G2, VOB, MP3, FLAC, MKA, OGG, WAV, AC3, M4A etc. which can be used on various portable devices.
Free to select wanted audio/subs/video track
Pavtube MKV Converter is able to recognize all audio tracks, subtitles streams, as well as video tracks in a MKV container file, so it enables users to select wanted subs/audio/video track to be preserved in the output files at will.
Guarantee audio and video in sync
The program adopts optimized audio and video in sync technology, which keeps you away from audio and video out of sync issues.
Up to 6X faster conversion speed
Pavtube MKV Converter takes full advantage of NVIDIA's CUDA technology and ATI Stream (AMD APP) technology to largely accelerate conversion speed. The GPU acceleration saves users lots of time when using H.264 codec to do format conversion. NOTE: To use GPU computing feature, a CUDA-compatible NVIDIA graphics card or an AMD graphics card with AMD APP technology must be installed. The CUDA and AMD APP acceleration both work only when creating H.264 encoded video files.
Add text, image, and video watermark
With Pavtube MKV Converter, you can add three types of watermark to your source MKV video, including text watermark, image watermark, and video watermark. The video watermark enables you to experience an picture-in-picture effect.
Merge files and crop videos
If you wanna combine multiple MKV files into a single file, you can check the option "Merge into one file". And if you wanna cut off black edges of the source file, you can use "Crop" function to do that.
Split selected video file
Using the Split function, you can split the selected video file into required video clips by specifying the clip quantity, duration time and file size.
The program provides users with snapshot function, which allows you to capture the thumbnails as your wallpapers or editing elements for future use.
Shut down computer after conversion
The program provides users with "Shut down computer after conversion" option to avoid you waiting around for the entire conversion process.
- Operating System: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- DirectX Version: 9.0 or above
- Memory: 64MB at least
- Processor: 500MHz Intel or 500MHz AMD CPU
- Hard Disc Space: 512MB or above
MP4 (supported by iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP, Apple TV, Gphone, Blackberry etc.), 3GP (supported by 3G mobile phones), FLV (suitable for online transfer), MPEG-4 (support importing to iMovie, Final Cut Pro.), AVI, MPG, MOV, 3G2, VOB, MKV.
Audio MP3, AAC, FLAC, (iTunes supported audio formats), MKA (MKA(Matroska) Audio), OGG (Ogg Vorbis Audio), WAV(Nokia WAV Audio), AC3 (Dolby Digital AC-3), M4A (Nokia M4A Audio) Secor
A far superior product
The software is working perfectly!Simple and very straight forward in what you want to do. For that I thank the development team. I have a few movies I have downloaded in MKV format. My file output is VOB. I learned this is what DVD players use. I watch a movie, save it and if my friends or family want it I convert and burn it for them.
In my search to find a simple to understand, use and enjoy I found Pavtube. I had to download and try about 15 different programs. From Super to Xilisoft. Most of them were too difficult for the average person. I prefer the program I use just works. Simple settings, no need to play around with 75 different settings to get what I want. I did try your free trial first. I had to decide which one best worked. I will be deleting them all and cleaning up my desktop now that have found what works. After I used your free trial and realized, it just works. Even with the water mark I knew this was the product for me. I purchased right away.
The simplicity is perfect. Pick file, pick output and press go. The nicest thing about Pavtube. I did not once have to go the the FAQ section. It is that easy to understand. Thank you for a far superior product. Aug 4, 2010
So satisfied with Pavtube
I cannot express how happy I am about purchasing Pavtube. It has been one of the best purchases I have ever made. It enables me to convert 1080p videos in a way no other software can. The edit feature is one of the most valuable functions of the software. It enables me to just take the clips that I want, without having to convert the entire file. Not only does it make the conversion process more simple, but the converted files are big and crisp. I will definitely recommend this product to other filmmakers and editors. I am so satisfied with Pavtube! Jan. 26, 2010
Very high quality and no synch problems
I had a video that I could not convert no matter what I did to it, so I thought this will try Pavtube out. Away we went and very quickly I must say, and the result, well it was very high quality and no synch problems. I really was impressed and I wish I could afford other software in your range because if they worked as well as the MKV Converter I would not need half the rubbish I have purchased in the past. March 10, 2010
Works great and satisfy your needs
I have downloaded the updated version per the instructions. All seems to be working fine now. I found your software through a search engine (MSN) and compared it to 3 others with the trial versions prior to selecting Pavetube to buy. Overall, I am satisfied with the product. March 12, 2009Q: How to update Pavtube Software?
A: Please click here to see the detailed steps.Q: I have ever purchased your Windows software and now I changed my PC to Mac.
Can I install this software onto my Mac? Or can you send me a Mac version?
A: All of our softwares are platform-independent ones but not cross-platform. So a Windows software cannot be installed onto a Mac computer and vice versa.Q:I ever ripped and converted many movies with Pavtube using the Apple TV output formats. Those movies played like a charm before on my Apple TV2, iPad, iPhone and even iPod Touch. However, after I updated my Apple devices to iOS 4.3 the sound cannot be played anymore. There's only video without sound. I find all my movies are encoded with aac 6 channels (5.1 channels) that do not work. If I changed the audio to stereo (2 channels) my Apple TV2 works again. I am afraid the sound problem is caused by iOS 4.3, but would like to hear your opinions how to settle it.
If you need a Mac version, please kindly contact with Pavtube support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or if you need a Windows version, please kindly contact with Pavtube support team at email@example.com.
Discount will be available for a second purchase.
A: Apple's iOS 4.3 seems to have changed its audio processing function or there might be a bug in iOS 4.3. There are many people feeding back the iOS 4.3 sound problem in Apple discussions forum. See below:Q: What are the differences between the trial version and the retail version?
We are not sure whether or when Apple will settle the iOS 4.3 6 channels sound playback problem. Presently to settle the sound problem with Pavtube you can click the Settings button and choose audio Channels to stereo (2 channels) instead of 6 channels (5.1 channels). We are also updating our Pavtube software to make adjustments to the Apple TV output profiles to settle the sound problem. Please keep tracking the update information from our website. Once the update gets released users can download the latest version from the download link they first downloaded Pavtube after purchase.
A: A trail version converts videos with watermark (the logo of Pavtube) on the screen and asks if you would like to purchase at each run while a retail version allows you to use freely without putting on watermark. As a customer of Pavtube, you will be reminded to update the software whenever a new version is released. The update is free of charge for lifetime. Besides, your emails will be attended at the first time, your advice and requirements will be much valued when we upgrade the software.Q: How to combine multiple video clips into one file?
A: Select the items you want to combine together and check the box of ‘Merge into one file’ before converting the videos.Q: My widescreen movies (16x9) aren't staying widescreen after conversion. I don't want the video to be stretched and made taller. What can I do?
A: Simply click ‘Settings’ button and set the Video Size to 16*9 aspect ratio before converting the movie.Q: How can I get AAC/ AC3 5.1 channels as output audio?
A: You can click ‘Settings’ button and select ‘5.1 channels’ from the drop-down list of Audio Channel. Please note that piratical output formats do not support 5.1 channels.Q: How can I set the output file name?
A: Please find the column named ‘Destination File’ on file list. Double click the output name and then you can type in desired output file name.Q: My videos were recorded by my HD camcorder, there are many stripes and noises on the picture after conversion, why should this happen?
A: Some footages are taken under interlacing mode, and this lead to stripes and lines on the screen. To eliminate the lines, you may follow ‘Edit’ menu-> ‘Effect’ tab and check ‘Deinterlacing’ box before conversion. As to the noise, when you apply the special effect mode “Simple Gauss Blur” from the drop-down list, the noise will be reduced greatly.Q: I’d like to eliminate black bars (edges) from the movie, what should I do?
A: Click ‘Edit’ button to enter into the edit panel and switch to the Crop tab, then just drag the dashed frame on the video screen of the original preview window to cut off the unwanted parts to get the right aspect ratio you need.Q: How do I install and register the software?
A: Please find more details at Install and register Windows products.Q: I am unable to download the program properly. What can I do?
A: Please check whether your computer has been infected. Then check your IE settings. Please click "Internet option..." under "Tools", and then select the "General" Page, just click "Delete file...", and it will be OK.Q: Can I change the output file name?
A: Yes. Please find the column named "Destination File" on file list. Click the particular output name under the "Destination File" column, and then you can specify the output file name.
- Convert MKV to DVD with MKV Converter
- Convert MKV to MP4 with MKV Converter
- How to convert MKV to AVI?
- Convert MKV to WMV with MKV Converter
- How to enjoy HD MKV Movies with eeePad?
- Best Quality Option to Convert 1080p MKV to 720p MKV
- How to convert MKV DTS video to play on PS3?
- MKV to Galaxy S2 MP4 Transfer Tool - Fix MKV files for Galaxy S2 Playing
- Convert HD MKV to Galaxy Tab – MKV for AllShare
- Edit and Convert MKV to FLV format with proper resolution for Youtube
- Convert MKV to Xvid with MKV Converter
- Convert MKV to DivX with MKV Converter
220.127.116.11Dec 20, 2016
1. New version: v18.104.22.168 (12.20 2016 )
2. Support newest NVIDIA CUDA & AMD APP technology to accelerate video encoding/decoding by both H.264
and H.265/HEVC codec. Note: H.265 CUDA depends on whether your computer is geared up with H.265 encoding capable graphics
card. Please refer to the document on official website of nvidia:https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk
22.214.171.12472Jul 02, 2013
1. Support adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle
2. Support TrueHD 6.1 and TrueHD 7.1 decoding
1. Removed Streaming Server
2. Other operational functionalities optimization, such as seek, interlace detecting, etc.
1. Optimized Main Interface color
2. Added "Get Starting" notification at program starting
3. Removed CUDA/AMD icon from main interface
4. Optimized trial notice window while clicking Convert button
1. Other bugs fixing
4.2.0Sep 06, 2012
- Include 18 new profiles for Android and Windows 8 tablets.
- Fixed some bugs.
4.1.3Jul 18, 2012
- Fixed the improper processing of Crop feature.
- Some other bug fixes and spell-checking.
4.1.2Jul 08, 2012
- Changed Apple TV .mp4 profiles to .m4v.
- Fixed some bugs.
4.1.1Jun 11, 2012
- Added Apply to All option to Crop feature.
- Fixed some bugs.
4.1.0May 30, 2012
- Added audio fade in/ fade out feature.
- Added simple-mode for easier Cropping with improved output preview effect.
- Added optional video split feature to certain Android templates to fit the extended memory SD card.
- Fixed some bugs.
4.0.9Apr 27, 2012
- New presets for Apple TV Dolby Digital 5.1 audio pass-through.
- Optimization to split operation and effect setting.
- Now support 2D to 3D conversion by setting 3D effect in Video Editor panel.
4.0.8Apr 19, 2012
- Renamed Audio Replace to Audio Editor, and include more functions.
- Improved output video quality for Apple TV 3.
- Added presets for these devices: HTC One X, Dell Streak 5/7/10, LG Optimus Vu, Pantech Element, Eden Tab, ASUS Padfone, Toshiba Excite X10, Archos 80 G9 Tablet, Archos 101 G9, and Nokia Lumia 900.
- Corrected calculation method to show more accurate estimate output file size.
4.0.7Mar 27, 2012
- Added optimized 1080p MP4 format to support the 3rd generation Apple TV.
- Added customized preset for Sony PS Vita.
- Modified user interface language.
- Made some minor adjustment to the profiles of Archos 101 Internet Tablet, iPad 3 and Avid DNxHD.
What's next? Price: $29